E-Balls *Product in Hibernation*
This evolving EATRIGHT® product has been abbreviated to 'e-balls' (from 'energy-balls'), since “walnuts consumed by healthy adults [provide 21%] less available energy than predicted" .
Whilst work continues, to better reflect the energy component of the walnut ingredient, other changes are also taking place. Rather than using cracked walnuts, we are now using walnut meal (a by-product of cold oil pressing). The walnut meal, from New Zealand varietals, is a natural source of phosphorous 503mg/100g (50% RDI) and a good source of vitamin B6 (pyridoxal phosphate) (0.2mg/100g)(12%RDI) which "contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity".
The e-balls also contain a minimally processed blend of wholegrain oats (with naturally occurring beta glucan (a soluble fibre) and plant sterols), flax seeds and a mix of organic fruit including unique to New Zealand naturally high sources of actinidin .
Great for tramping in New Zealand's wilderness paradise (a full sensory navigational experience) and exploring the three national parks surrounding our Nelson township.
INGREDIENTS: *CERT. ORGANIC FRUIT ((FRESH WHOLE GREEN BABY  ) AND AIR DRIED GOLD) KIWI FRUIT, AIR DRIED MIXED VARIETAL APPLES), WHOLEGRAIN (BRAN INCLUSIVE) OATS, *CERT. ORGANIC SUNFLOWER SEEDS, SPRAY FREE WALNUT MEAL, *CERT. ORGANIC UNHULLED FLAX SEEDS, *CERT. ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. ALLERGEN: TREENUT
INGREDIENTS (with botanical names): *Cert. organic fruit ((fresh whole green (Actinida arguta ‘Hortgem Tahi’  ) and air dried gold (Actinidia chinensis var. chinensis ‘Zesy002’) kiwi fruit, airdried mixed varietal apples (eg Malus pumila 'Gala' × 'Splendour' sciros (rootstock M116, USPP18618P2) and others)), wholegrain oats (Avena sativa L.), *cert. organic sunflower seeds (Helianthus annuus L.), spray free ground walnut meal (from Juglans spp. (over 20 sp.) ep. Regia), *cert. organic unhulled flax seeds (Linum usitatissimum L.), *cert. organic apple cider vinegar. Allergen: Tree Nut (Walnut)
Nutrition Information per serving size (75g)
Calories TBC, Total Fat (TBCg)(%DV), Saturated Fat (TBCg), Cholesterol (TDCmg), Sodium (TBCmg), Total Carbohydrate (TBCg), Dietary Fiber (TBCg), Total sugars (TBCg) includes 0g Added Sugars, Protein (TBCg), Vitamin D (TBCmg), Calcium (TBCmg), Iron (TBCmg), Potassium (TBCmg)
Shelf life: Can be chilled or frozen (at 0ºC (32ºF) or less) for up to four months
Country of origin: Product of New Zealand with North and South Island grown ingredients
Detail: Made, processed, packed and distributed by Eat Right Foods Ltd under our EATRIGHT registered trademark Address: PO Box 1525 [Level 1, 6 Church St], Nelson 7040, New Zealand
Availability: An EATRIGHT® Online Shop Only Product
Packaging: Options include cellophane bags or biodegradable, kraft stand-up packaging with zipper seal for freshness
- Kiwiberry: ‘Hortgem Tahi’ PVR 1927, US20010042258P1, USPP13815P3. Indications (Kiwi) - Arthrosis (f; DAD)
- Oats: Coronet ‘CROA133’ PVR 2995 and Milton ‘CROA132’ PVR 2501. Indications (Oats) - Arthrosis (f; APA). EFSA Article 13 (pub. Apr’11) ID 2230: “Avena sativum - common name : Oat” and “Constipation / Intestinal Health”
- Walnuts : Activities: Anthelminthic (f; DEP); Indications: Arthrosis (f; MAD) [†]. Duke, J. A. et al. 2002 [Ph.D in Botany, Uni of 'NC']. CRC Handbook of medicinal herbs]
- Apples: Activities (Apple) — Vermifuge (f; CRC; WOI). Indications (Apple) — Worm (f; CRC; WOI). Duke, J. A. et al. 2002. CRC Handbook of medicinal herbs
- Flax Seed or Sesame Seed: Indications (Flax) - Arthrosis (1; APA; BGB) or Indications (Sesame) - Arthrosis (f; JFM; KAB)
Fruit & Vege Snacks:EatRight Fruit & Vege Snacks. Mostly Organic, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Not over processed, extruded or mass produced, vegetarian suitable, Non GMO.
-  FoodData Central Experimental Foods for Research Purposes
Walnuts Consumed by Healthy Adults Provide Less Available Energy than Predicted by the Atwater Factors
-  Nutritional and Health Benefits of Kiwiberry (Actinidia arguta)
Actinidin activity for different kiwiberry cultivars varies from 25.7 to 114.0 nM pNA/min, higher than for kiwi fruit (6.3–10.1 nM pNA/min
-  “DIETARY EXPERIMENTS … vitamin B6 – can have a helpful effect on behaviour” A-Z Guide to Safe and Healthy Eating (pub. 1st ed. 1997, Reader’s Digest)
“Combined vitamin B6‐magnesium treatment in autism spectrum disorder” by Chad Nye and Alejandro Brice (pub. Oct’15)
-  Source of chlorophyll and polysaccharides of potential use for human health
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, National Plant Germplasm System. 2022. Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN Taxonomy). National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland
-  Register of New Fruit and Nut Cultivars List 50
Hortgem Tahi. Female, green-skinned, green-fleshed A. arguta. Origin: Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Auckland, by M.A. McNeilage, R.A. Beatson, and E.A. MacRae. AA02_01 × AA13_01; crossed 1987 by M.A. McNeilage; tested as K2D4; se
-  Crop Ergothioneine Content Study (includes Oats)
by by Robert B. Beelman, John P. Richie, Jr., Allen T. Phillips, Michael D. Kalaras, Dongxiao Sun and Sjoerd W. Duiker
- [†] Converted more specific terms such as arthritis to arthrosis...I think that was a more economical (space-wise) way of presenting the data...“itis” means inflammation, and “osis” means ailment of. Duke, J. A. et al. 2002. Handbook of medicinal herbs